FOUNDATION FUNDING PRIORITIES
The Moller Family Foundation supports programs that:
- Focus on conservation of natural resources, preservation of the earth and ecological integratiy to enable unspoiled nature and important fish, wildlife, and plant resources to thrive.
- Advance science to benefit all of humanity and to conserve our local environments.
- Focus on the preservation of mental health and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and body.
CONSERVATION programs may include:
- Protecting and connecting roadless areas and wildlife habitat, (e.g.., sustainable harvesting of forestlands);
- Protecting lands to preserve wildlife habitat, recreation areas, and sources of drinking water.
- Ensuring lands are managed to support both conservation and sustainable human use.
- Improving water flows of rivers (e.g., dams and polluted run-off can cause damage to free-flowing waterways, wildlife, etc.)
ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE may include:
- Scientific research related to the environment, water, energy, and health.
- Programs that help ensure energy is produced and used cleanly, efficiently and renewably with limited effects on human health and the environment.
HEALTH & MENTAL HEALTH may include:
- Mental health and counseling for populations in need.
- Programs that strengthen physical health and promote a healthy lifestyle for those in need.
USE OF FUNDS
The funds provided by the Foundation may be used for:
- Capital improvements and equipment